here and here.
This Week's post is about an iPhone app called Checkpoints. You can download it for free from your ITunes store. I'm not sure if it's available for other smartphones or not. Basically Checkpoints awards you points for scanning the barcodes of certain items at the pharmacy or grocery store or for 'checking in' at local businesses or restaurants. Once you have accumulated a certain amount of points you can exchange then for gift cards from their store.
Here's an example of some of the gift cards on offer:
* $1 Amazon gift card - $300 points
* $2 CVS gift card - 600 points
* $10 Amazon gift card - 3000 points
* $10 Home Depot gift card - 3000 points
* $25 ITunes gift card - 8250 points
* $50 ITunes gift card - 17,250 points
A single scan averages 10 to 50 points. This seems to be a great way to earn yourself a little extra while doing your own regular shopping. http://www.checkpoints.com/Click here to learn more.